Restylane Contour Before & Afters
Restylane Contour® is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler injected into the cheeks to increase fullness and restore volume in the midface.
The main ingredient in Restylane Contour, hyaluronic acid (HA), is a naturally occurring sugar found in the body that supports skin moisture, volume and elasticity. The filler also contains a small amount of lidocaine, a local anesthetic used to numb the skin and minimize pain. Restylane Contour is crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of hyaluronic acid and create a long-lasting gel filler.
During Your Consultation
What To Expect
A typical Restylane Contour procedure will be performed in the following way:
- The skin will be cleansed prior to injection.
- The specialist will use a cream or ointment to numb the treatment area.
- The provider will administer the first injection and pause to allow the anesthetic in the filler to continue numbing the area around the injection. The lidocaine in the Restylane Contour has been shown to significantly reduce the pain and discomfort that may occur with a dermal filler gel injection.
- The specialist will continue administering the injections until the treatment area shows the desired results.
- After each injection, the provider will gently massage the treatment area to ensure the dermal filler gel has been evenly distributed and appears natural.
After treatment with Restylane Contour, patients may experience temporary redness, pain, tenderness, swelling, bruising, and itching.